Warsaw Old Town – Warsaw Tour Guide
Welcome to the historic center and the oldest part of the city – The Old Town in Warsaw. Founded in the 13th century as a princely stronghold and a walled settlement. During the World War II, 90% of buildings were destroyed. Thanks to its perfect and precise reconstruction, in 1980 it was included on the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage List.
Every tourist will find something for themselves here. The sightseeing tour to Warsaw creates an atmosphere of relaxation and allows you to take a break from the hustle and bustle of the big city. This includes a walk between stately old churches, picturesque tenement houses, historical monuments, atmospheric alleys, mysterious streets, green squares and cozy cafes.
On the other hand, tourists from all over the world, crowds of young people, children running around, street musicians, artists exhibiting their works, fashionable galleries, restaurants, colorful garden umbrellas, and in the summer season a place for outdoor music and theater performances will bring a unique excitement about the city rush. In winter, the Old Town Square turns into a large ice rink. This Old Town, in turn, is teeming with its own, unique life.
DURING THE VISIT WITH TOUR GUIDE WE WILL SEE:
Castle Square, Sigismund’s Column, Royal Castle (interior tour on request, additional 1.5 h). Archcathedral Basilica, Kanonia, observation deck (Gnojna Mountain) Old Town Square, Mermaid Monument, Barbican, City Walls Monument to the Little Insurgent, Monument to Jan Kiliński
WITH OUR WARSAW GUIDE YOU WILL LEARN:
- Which Polish Nobel Prize winner is buried in the Cathedral of St. John ?
- what metamorphoses did the Warsaw mermaid undergo
- what was Master Twardowski doing in Warsaw?
- why doesn’t the bell on Kanonia ring?
- what does Garbage Mountain hide?
- what European ruler walked on the stone steps?
- What medieval „cure” methods did Warsaw medics use for the terminally ill?
- what happened in The Hell?
- Was there a slave shop in the tenement house ‘by Murzynek’?
- where Papcio Chmiel lived, and many more exciting stories…
Tel. +48 530500539
E-mail : email@example.com